Saturday, July 23, 2011

THE UNCIVIL WAR

I know that I have mentioned this before. Our nation is involved in uncivil war. The Reds and The Blues. This morning I can't help but wonder how this chapter of history will read. If there are people here able to read or people at all.

I keep having flashes of The Fall of Rome and The French Revolution. I see those scenarios in our future. We are quickly having a class war. The Reds have the money. The Blues want everyone to have basic needs. The Reds will not share because they give too much to support the nation. The Blues find this argument silly. Hello Red guys...you HAVE all the wealth of this nation. You don't want to pay more taxes because that prevents you from creating jobs in other nations.

Small business creates the jobs and they have the government is up their business with colonoscopes. The World Corps whine a little, get some money and tax breaks, then fire people. And the government just nods. It's Wall Street that matters? No, it's the citizens who matter.  Red guys. Hard to invest NO money. Try it.

The Blues want to save the needy and the earth and society as we know it. The Blues think the Reds are greedy. The Reds think the Blues are Fascist's.

There is no civil discourse is Washington. There are carefully planned and crafted "moves". There are photo ops. There is beautiful lighting and make up artists to powder the talking heads before face time on television. There is finger pointing. The is party line rhetoric.  There is campaigning. There is NOT leadership.

If you read my blog ever, you will recognize that I am a Blue. I like to think of myself as an Independent but I always vote left. The Red needs a head slap moment that they are not running a country club nation for their peers. I will vote Blue until they see this.

This doesn't mean that I am happy with my party. I'm not. Stop stooping. Don't hit that level of play ground, "am not", "are too", behavior.  LEAD. Stand up and remind yourselves that you aren't wrong. The previous administration took the nation and ram roded it into poverty with their "policies" and vivid imaginations.

Me personally, I would have skipped the talks with the auto industry and BP. What was the point of talking to the rich and powerful executives and slapping their hands for the public to witness? That is called a dog and pony show. It isn't leadership and accomplished nothing except wasted time and money.

Still want my money back on that baseball investigation. And light bulbs? Yeah, need a refund for that waste.

I would have had a hearing with the Bush adminstration day one. WMDs...where are they again? Saddam had what to do with 9/11?  How many people died in this war?  How many will never recover from their injuries? You put finding Bin Laden on the back burner to invade Iraq why again? And this all cost what? And it will be paid for how?

But that's me. I like accountability. I like reality. I don't like false patriotism based on personal vendetta.

Of course I also think Dick Cheney is the Tin Man, no, the Scarecrow. Maybe the bastard child of both. No heart. No brain.

You're Welcome,
Lillybell Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment