Sunday, July 17, 2011

LECTURE: YOU have one foot in the grave and she will push you

Remember when I met you? I do. I was in a strange city and you were my host. You made me feel at home even though I was an invader in your land. I was the extra visitor. The one you had no choice but to welcome since I was married to your friend. You blew me away with your talents on day one. Your wife was a sweetheart. We bonded over insecurity. We felt it in each other which made us stronger.

When we met you were living the dream. Doing what we all wanted to do then and I admired your courage. Throwing caution to the wind you left with nothing and no promise of anything and made a life. We were so happy and surprised when you came home. I LOVE new friends and now I had two of them in my town.

Then everything went wrong for all of us and suddenly we were not two couples we were four people. We went our separate ways and weren't close but I always loved seeing you. You had such soul.

Last time I saw you, you looked vacant. No one home. Just craving where there used to be warmth. Then I saw HER. She has messed up more than one man I know. She looked like she must have a kit in the car. I realize that you have free will but she brings destruction with her. Step away from the pit. She is at the bottom.

I am trying very hard not to be judgemental but I pretty much suck at that. Besides, I see this as life and death. YOURS. So I have no problem slandering her. Wait, not slander. I have seen her in action before. Until you have NO money to support her "needs" she will be by your side and then she will move on. As I recall your daddy had lots of money. She will literally burn it all up.

RUN, or at this point crawl if you must. CLEAN UP! Get back to life. I don't want to get the call. I don't want to have another reunion at the funeral home. And it is all about me.

People love you. People want to spend time with you. YOU, not the avatar of your former self.

PLEASE?
Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment