Tuesday, July 12, 2011

REMEMBER WHEN YOU DECIDED TO BE HETEROSEXUAL?

Me either. I don't recall ever having that moment of indecision. I am pretty sure the baby boy in the bassinet next to mine at Harris Hospital in 1953 got my phone number. He didn't call. Typical toddler.

I can't help but wonder what the hoopla is about being gay. We are what we are. Gay people do not force their lifestyle on others. They don't recruit people to try it you'll like it. That's your boyfriend or husband. And that is only between two ridiculously gorgeous women or one ridiculously stupid woman and you. That doesn't seem to bother Christians either. Maybe they like a little girl/girl action too.

Let's be honest America. Gay men, that's what bugs you. Those big scary men who don't care to sleep with women because they might want you! They don't. Feel pretty sure you are safe. Don't think some gay man is going to beg for your very special equipment or want to kiss those supple lips. Pretty sure they just don't want you to beat the crap out of them or force them to CHANGE.

We are not talking pedophiles here. We are talking consenting adults who are wired, born to, turn out to be, whatever, men who love men. Or women who love women but as noted above that is fascinating to a segment of the population. Men falling in love with men. OH NO! RUN. It isn't contagious either. It simply is part of society. Not every man loves women, doesn't mean you have a target on your butt. So chill.

Some churches and organizations have programs to change homosexuals so they will no longer be an abomination before God. I do not speak for God. I do not carry His message but there is something about being created in His image as I recall. Mentioned right there in Genesis in the Bible. Let's see. How could that be? Men look like men. Women look like women. If we are all created in His image then maybe God is a drag queen? Don't think that's it. Maybe God enjoys a little transgender thing? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe God isn't a man at all. Maybe God is what you conceive Him to be. Maybe God is simply LOVE and we are supposed to love the members of our species. Maybe God created us all in His image because He is all of us.

Like I said, I don't have the answer. I wouldn't dare speak for God. I would not ask someone to CHANGE their sexuality for God. I don't think that is what God had in mind for me. I think God would be happier if I tended to my own soul and behavior. I don't believe God wants us to tell Him he created something imperfect. "Dear God, there are GAY people on earth. We're OK with the pretty female ones but the men...we are pretty sure you made a mistake there. Love, Mortals."

As the title asks, do you remember choosing to be what you are? Do you remember making a conscious decision that boys are cuter than girls or girls are cuter than boys? Do remember being confused about which gender you wanted crawl up next to naked? Do you remember deciding whether it would be men or women that made your heart pound?

Me? I'm still waiting on baby boy Wilson to call.

You're Welcome,
Lillybell Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment