Saturday, June 25, 2011

ILYT Confssions of a Serial Marrier Thank You For Another Problem

I just couldn't believe my luck. All of it bad. Elsie and I, mainly me, had decided that I would live in Dallas during the week and at home on the weekend. My good friend Inga and her husband had a mother-in-laws room where I was welcome to stay. This cut my drive time to work to less than a third. There was no snoring in my end of the house. I slept. I almost felt good so of course it was time for something bad to happen. It did.

My Blazer quit running one day on the way to my Dallas home. Oh please let it be something simple. It was. Apparently there was some planned obsolescence built into the engine and this day was it's last. Cars don't run without engines. I don't run without a car. It was a simple problem. I needed a new engine. Not a simple solution. I had no money.

Time to go to the credit union and explain my problem. They were more than happy to lend me the money after I filled out paperwork to ensure that I would give them an arm if I didn't pay back the money or something. I was going to sign anything. I had to have my car fixed.

Current asked me where my car was one day. I explained my problem and that I was riding to and from with Inga. I had borrowed money but hadn't yet found a mechanic to do the work. Really, I didn't have a clue who to call. My mechanic was in Fort Worth but I couldn't afford to have my car towed there. Inga's husband was willing to get the engine and put it in for me. Uh no. He was a car guy. He was a car guy who always fine tuned this and forgot to do that. He could do it on the weekend. I really needed my car yesterday.

Current called me and asked to come to his office. He was my bosses boss now so off I went. He wanted to know the address where my car could be picked up. He had a mechanic with the engine waiting and AAA was taking my car. I wasn't to worry, it was not going to cost more than I could afford. That's all. Done. Inga had told me he was truly amazing and solved problems for his employees when he could. WOW. I expressed my thanks and, damn it, cried just a little. It was just such a relieve to have that off my plate of things to worry about.

What a nice man. He had two adorable sons and one less adorable wife. I had never met her but Inga was full of tales of what a witch Current's wife was. Other people who had worked and lived in the same cities where his family had been based had the same story. He was a doll, she was a witch.

He was a champion of employees. Uncommon in many executives. He could spot winners and wanted them to achieve their potential. He promoted these employees to his peers as his management candidates. I was on the top of his list. He thought I was a problem solving genius. He faced some problems with Nomercy in that area. He called me to his office. I could tell there was something squirmy. "I hate to ask you this but why does Nomercy hate you?"  I gave him a few examples. The remote controller story, my fault. The calling for locals with torches during the now infamous Frankenstein meeting. Small things like that. "Um, have you had a relationship with a Senior Staff member?"  "WHAT?" I asked, "just be clear here. I spent the weekend at Wonder Woman's lake house with my husband once. We have been to her house for dinner....". "No", he said, "this has to do with guitar playing Senior Staff member". "OH, that. I sang with him several times here and in public when I still was in a band so of course I had his baby and we were WILD and sold company secrets".

I told him about my very funny sense of humor and how I was SO kidding. OF COURSE I had not had a relationship with Guitar Senior Staff member. Then I ranted a bit about the double standard of that attitude. That I could rattle off a few names of MEN who had let me know their penis was available. Grrrr, now I was angry. Current assured me he was not backing down. I was his best candidate and he would handle Nomercy. I knew he was fighting an up hill battle. I am not good in an environment where someone wants me to fail and I know I could slit him with my tongue in front of the world and he would be left wondering what I said while people laughed. He was vulnerable when people laughed AT him. No one laughed with him.

I was thrilled to be back in Lady Day, (black Blazer with black interior and some extra black just to be REAL hot in the summer). My attitude was a little better but, damn it, I missed Elsie. Not the Elsie I had been arguing with. The one I fell in love with. I wanted THAT guy. I wanted the fun, easy going, funny NOT falling down Elsie. He wanted the hot, sexyish, eager kitten he had married. I wanted to play slap and tickle with him when he drunk never. He was only interested when he was drunk. I was the bitch who wouldn't put out. He was the drunk who didn't deserve it. We put the funk in dysfunctional.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR....
An aside to drunk men everywhere: You are not sexy. Your performance is substandard when you can't remember your name or your partners. Taking a break in mid act is not fun. Screwing for an hour and a half while you try to climax is not fun either. There is not enough pressure on earth to achieve that erection you want so badly. This is based on many discussions with many women. Yes, we talk that way.  Try to stay sober AND don't forget kissing. Sex does not start with boobs. Some day you will thank me. Or just call me a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment