Tuesday, August 2, 2011

QUICK RANT ON STUDIES

As mentioned in Stupidity Never Rests, scientific studies are stupid. Not all of them. Not the great medical breakthrough kinds, the "should you let your children sleep in bed with you", kind. Who cares. I mean let them or not. I give you permission to do what you think is best.

I covered the ridiculous, "Why People Have Sex" and "Why Men Like Breasts" studies. "DUH", I believe was the answer basically. Those studies cost money. Call me, I have lots of theories on why people like sex and the men liking boobs? Boobs approved that study.

This is what I know from personal experience about studies. When they removed my reproductive system at the age of 28 because of that little cancer problem, one of the first things they told me was: "You will be going through menopause in five, four, three, two, one..." And I said, "Really? May I take hormones because I AM ON FIRE!" Well no, of course not. Studies show that I had to wait seven years to take hormones. I think I killed that doctor, it is all kind of fuzzy.

In seven years I started taking estrogen. Studies had shown that would protect me from heart disease AND breast cancer. Please, may I have some more. YES, take a higher dosage. YEARS pass and the new study says: Estrogen increases your chances of breast cancer significantly and does not protect your heart".  Uh oh, Is twelve years of taking high doses of estrogen going to kill me? Maybe. Let's take you off of that right now. You might have a few hot flashes. YOU better pray I don't.

Doctors, shut up until you actually KNOW something.

Psychologists, it might be incredibly interesting to you to know whether or not little Billy and Janie sleeping with mom and dad made them serial killers. Speaking for me. I don't care. Maybe there was only one bed and the choice was we all sleep in the bed or someone gets the floor.

Let's spend money on studying something of value for society. Here's one: How Did Hippies Become Tea Party Members? Is it the need to be on the extreme side of something or did all those drugs destroy their empathy? 

GO.

Lillybell

No comments:

Post a Comment