Thursday, August 4, 2011

GOD, Let's Review

I had conversation about God the other day. GOD, the One, the Creator, The Alpha and The Omega. The one all Christians, Jews and Muslims pray to. Same Deity. Same background stories, different endings.

Humans love to talk about what God said and what God meant and the tenets and covenants that prove you are worshipping God the way He said. I am not a theologian. I am lucky I can spell theologian. I grew up in the Methodist Church until I learned the meaning of hypocrisy and had to quit worshipping my idea of God in a building full of hypocrites.

As far as I know GOD never said anything. He talked to Noah according to Bill Cosby. What is a cubit? And God talked to Abraham but we really have no direct quotes. Except The Ten Commandants. These 10 rules of living were, according to tradition both oral and written, hand delivered to Moses from God.

Here is what God said. I am paraphrasing because apparently God is verbose and a little flowery in His writing.

1.  Thall shalt have no God before me
2.  Thall shalt not create graven images nor bow down before false Gods
3.  Thall shalt not take the name of God in vain. God does not forgive this.
4.  Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. God labored six days and rested on the seventh. You too.
5.  Honor thy Father and thy Mother so that their days shall be long upon this land God giveth you.
6.  Thou shalt not kill
7.  Thou shalt not commit adultery
8.  Thou shalt not steal
9.  Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
10. Thous shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

Well, don't know about you but I am doomed. I am so going to hell based on the above list. I lie like a champion, it was the only way to get out of my parent's house, which showed them no honor. OOPS

Taking the Lord's name in vain is unforgivable. Well, doomed. Every day, doomed.

Haven't killed anyone.

Stole some lipstick once.

Let's NOT discuss adultery, let's just say, Shhhh. I have been married a lot. Never left one man for another...does that count? No? Drat!

I have no desire for my neighbor's ox or ass. His manservant I covet slightly.

I have born false witness against a neighbor. Several times. Those kids didn't ever do anything wrong, it was me. Oops, didn't honor my parent's again.

Let's see. Where does that leave me? Hell.

I believe that if we all lived like Jesus said we should, according to the writings in the new testament, we would all have Heaven on earth. I don't believe Jesus is the only path to God. I do not believe that you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God to have salvation. That makes me a Human? Mortal? Freak? I am not sure. I don't believe that you have to believe in God to be a good mortal, human, soul. That makes me Pagan?

I rant a lot about MAN talking about what GOD said and what GOD wants. As I said, as far as I know the ten commandments are the closest thing we have to a quote from The Creator. Since, as stated quite clearly, if you take the Lord's name in vain God doesn't like it and it is NOT forgivable. Well, I don't have a number big enough for the times I have taken His name in vain. I have taken it in vain in the middle of  sentences beginning and ending with the "F" word. Over and over. I am going to hell.

On the other hand, The Golden Rule is the one I try to follow. I am not especially good at that either. I try very hard some times. Then I get grumpy and lose sight of doing unto others and want to do unto them until they shut up. Still, I try. Does that make me good? Does that save my mortal soul?  Probably not.

If I am doomed for being a potty mouth why should I not kill or steal or covet whatever? After all, hell is hell isn't it? Is there a separate hell for those who only committed some sins? Is there a "Dirty Mouth Hell" and a "Killer Hell"? Why doesn't anyone cover this? They know all about Heaven and the levels there and how you get through the maze to finally get to God.

I am starting LIVESAY. I am not calling it a church. It isn't about God. It is about man who does not know or believe God and then dies. Man brings him back long enough to tell the people he loved about "HEAVEN". He was there, he saw it. He was surrounded by love and light and knowledge. He was not crazy. He was not fanatical. He was a lovely man who always made you feel good about you. That's what I believe. The teaching of LIVESAY. Help people feel good about themselves, it makes them feel good, it makes you feel good.

Ta Da. No dues, no tithing, no meetings, no hierarchy. Just be nice. I know, I am not always good at that. See you in hell.

You're Welcome,
Lillybell Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment